Stitch Fix is an innovative and popular styling company in the United States of America offering styling for clothing and other accessories to both men and women. Initially, the company was only offering its services to women but over the course of time, it has started to offer its services to men as well. It started with a remarkable business idea and over the course of time stitch fix has witnessed extraordinary success. Stitch Fix has a large user base that has grown over the course of time while it managed to turn a profit in the year 2014.
Valuation of Stitch Fix
It is now listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange where the shares of the company are being traded. When the initial public offering (IPO) of the company was first announced, the valuation of the company was at around $1.6 Billion and over the course of few months, the valuation of the company shoot to around $2 billion. It has been posting record sales and revenue and it has also managed to raise a significant amount from investors.
The company was founded in the year 2011 by Erin Flynn and Katrina Lake who over the course of 8 years managed to make it a successful business. The company was founded in San Francisco, California where the Headquarter of the company is present and it offers its service in the United States through its online platform. The founders came up with the idea of the company while they were at Harvard Business School and they originally started to offer the styling services to women in the country. The company then started to expand its services and over the course time, it started to offer its services to men as well.back to menu ↑
Main Products of Stitch Fix
The major products that the company is offering for styling include styling of men’s clothing, plus size clothing items as well as maternity wear for women and a number of styling items for kids. Users can decide to get their clothes styled by some of the most professional stylists working with the company. The products are prepared in a quick time and they can be delivered to the customers as well.back to menu ↑
Stitch Fix and Pinterest Integration
Stitch Fix has integration with Pinterest as well where the users can share their styling requirements with the company and the stylists of the company can then pick up those pins and work on them. Users can allow the company to look at the styles that they are interested in from various other pages on the platform as well that gives the stylists an idea about their requirements. Users can add the feed to the Pinterest boards as well in order to help the stylists prepare the designs that they require.back to menu ↑
Ecommerce Model of Stitch Fix
Stitch Fix has an online model where the customers can head over to the website and initiate their request for getting the customized styling items. They can share their requirements with the company, which then gets taken by one of the stylists at the site. Users have high flexibility in choosing the products and customizing them while they also have control over the price limit of the item. Once the products have been designed, they are sent to the customers through the delivery means. The company also relies on data science and other machine learning techniques that are now available in order to generate an understanding of the
The users have to pay a fee before putting up their requirements for styling. Once the users receive the products from the company, they can choose to keep one, all or none of the products. If they choose to keep one of the product, it will be adjusted against the fee that they had paid. However, if they decide to keep all the products, they can do it and get up to 25% discount.back to menu ↑
How can you get the services of Stitch Fix?
In order to get the services of stitch fix, the users need to get in touch with the company through the online website of the company. There are a few basic steps that the users have to follow in order to submit their requirements to the company. The users provide all the styling requirements that they need and over the course of time, they get contacted by the stylists from the company. The steps for placing the requirements to the company are as follows:
- In the first step, the customers have to fill a style quiz where they tell the stylists about the styles and designs that they are looking for. The style quiz is comprehensive and the users can give the stylists a clear about the designs and styles that they need.
- In the second step, the users can request for a “fix” delivery for the products that they want to purchase. This is a fee that has to be paid in order to initiate the process of getting the products designed by the stylists. When the products are prepared by the stylists and get delivered to the customers, they have a choice to either keep the products or return them. If the users decide to keep the produces, the fix delivery amount that they had paid earlier will contribute towards the actual price of the products.
- In the third steps, the products are delivered to the customers as per the schedule that they have decided. They can try the products and evaluate the quality of the products and the designs that they had requested. They can try to have full satisfaction as per the policy of the company.
- In the fourth step, the customers have to make a decision about whether they want to purchase the products or not. In case, they like the products they can choose to keep all of them and pay the amount that is due after adjusting the “fix” amount that they had paid earlier. In case the customers do not like the products then they send the products back to the company. The returns are free and the users do not have to pay for the return products. There is a prepaid return envelope included in the package using which the customers can send back the products.
- Users have the option to sign up for the designed products from Stitch Fix and they can also get a subscription. All the products get delivered to the customers as per their own selected schedule.
What are the values upheld by Stitch Fix?
There are a number of great values upheld by stitch fix that make it highly attractive for the customers to purchase their products. Some of the values that the customers get at Stitch Fix are as follows:
- Free Delivery & Returns: The customers can get free delivery from Stitch Fix for all their products. Apart from free delivery on orders, the customers can also get free return delivery in case they do not want to keep the products. A prepaid return parcel is incorporated with the delivery for returning the products if required.
- Discover New Styles: There are a great number of styles that have been handpicked by the stylists at Stitch Fix. The customers can go through these designs and get the best that they need. They can also get the products customized as per their likings and needs.
- The stylists at Stitch Fix are always interested in providing great products to the people based on their feedback. If the customers need, something made in a particular way or if they notice any deficiency in the product then they can give their feedback about it.
- There is no need for a subscription as the users can order products on demand and schedule for the delivery for as long as they need. The services offered are a sublime and smooth flow of delivery is maintained by stitch fix.
A summary of important facts about Stitch Fix
In this article, we will do a comprehensive review of the company ‘Stitch Fix’ and present the results of the reviews and ratings given to it by experts and customers all over the world. However, first, we will summarize some of the important facts about the company, which may help the investors and buyers toward their decision of investing capital in the company. The important facts are as follows:
- It is a custom cloth styling company in the United States of America offering ecommerce services to a vast group of customers.
- Erin Flynn and Katrina Lake founded the company in the year 2011. They came up with this idea while studying at Harvard Business School. Over the course of 8 years managed to make it a successful business. The company turned over its first profit in the year 2014.
- The company was founded in San Francisco, California where the Headquarter of the company is present and it offers its service in the United States through its online platform.
- Stitch Fix is listed on NASDAQ stock exchange, which is one of the biggest exchanges in the world. The company has an official symbol of “SFIX” on the NASDAQ exchange.
- The valuation of the company was at around $1.6 Billion and over the course of a few months, the valuation of the company shoot to around $2 billion.
- Stitch fix makes use of the Pinterest platforms to get the feedback and ideas of the customers. Stitch Fix has an online model where the customers can head over to the website and initiate their request for getting the customized styling items.
- The company also relies on data science and other machine learning techniques that are now available in order to generate an understanding of the
- It has a huge workforce working for a large customer base. There are more than 5000 stylists working with Stitch Fix.
Reviews and Ratings Received by Stitch Fix
In order to have a better understanding regarding the performance and value of a company or its products in the consumer market, it is highly important to get the feedback and reviews of the customers and experts in this field. They can look into the product from a various different perspective, which others cannot experience. In this review article below, we will analyze the reviews and ratings given to Stitch Fix and its products by customers and experts on various internet platforms.back to menu ↑
Reviews from an expert on different platforms are given below:
- Tip Ranks
At tip ranks, various companies are evaluated by experts in order to help the investors make an informed decision about whether they should invest or not. Rating is assigned to companies on a scale of 5.0. Stitch Fix has also been reviewed by Tip rank and given a rating of 4.0 out of 5.0. We can analyze that this is a reasonable rating and encourages people to invest.
- Ask Men
Ask men is an internet platform where experts review the companies and their products from different perspectives. Rating is given to companies on a scale of 5.0. Stitch Fix has also been reviewed by Victor Maclas and given a rating of 4.5 out of 5.0. We can analyze that this is a reasonable rating and encourages people to buy these products.
- Deal Meisters
Deal Meisters is an online website where experts review the companies and their products from different perspectives. A rating is given to companies on a scale of 5.0. Kara Richards has reviewed Stitch Fix and given a rating of 4.2 out of 5.0. We can analyze that this is a reasonable rating and encourages people to purchase from Stitch Fix.back to menu ↑
Reviews from Customers
The reviews obtained by Stitch Fix from customers on various platforms across the internet are given as below:
It is a major internet platform where hundreds and thousands of people reviews the products of the company from different perspectives. They can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review that is visible to people at the platform. All products get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at influenster. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 269 reviews is 4.1 out of 5.0.
- Best Buy
Best buy is a popular ecommerce platform where people can purchase products as well as leave a review from them. These reviews are reliable since they are based on the experience of the people who have actually bought the products. The buyers can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review on the product page. All products get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at Best Buy. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 8 reviews is 5.0 out of 5.0.
- Apple iTunes
At iTunes, customers of the products can leave a review depending on the performance of the mobile application as well as the quality of the products. The buyers can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review on the app page. All apps get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at Apple iTunes. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 9155 reviews is 4.6 out of 5.0.
- Consumer Affairs
Consumer affairs is a popular platform for reviewing the products. It is also reliable since only the buyers of the products can purchase the products. The buyers can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review on the product page. All products get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at Consumer Affairs. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 47 reviews is 3.2 out of 5.0.
- Trust Pilot
It is one of the most prestigious platforms on the internet where the customers can review the products. Since only the buyers and review and the fake reviews get deleted, it is a highly reliable platform. However, it is the nature of the platform that reviews can be highly critical of businesses. The buyers can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review on the product page. All products get a rating on a scale of 10.0 at Trust Pilot. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 394 reviews is 5.7 out of 10.0.
It is another platform with a high trust factor when it comes to reviewing the products. The buyers can assign a rating to the product as well as write a review on the product page. All products get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at Consumer Affairs. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 621 reviews is 3.2 out of 5.0.
Facebook is an open platform where the products of the company are reviewed by the customers. The customers can give a rating to the product as well as write a review on the official page of the company. All products get a rating on a scale of 5.0 at Facebook. The rating earned by Stitch Fix based on 9,084 reviews is 3.7 out of 5.0.
- Reseller Ratings
At this platform, the customers can review the products based on various factors. A rating is given to the products on a scale of 10.0. Based on 4 reviews, stitch fix has a rating of 9.6 out of 10.0 at Reseller platform.