Mitsubishi Outlander is a crossover SUV model, which was manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors and introduced for the first time in Japan in the year 2001. In the early years of production from 2001 to 2005, the model was known as the Mitsubishi outlander but over the course of time, it was started to be called Mitsubishi outlander. The company has released a number of different models of the vehicle and it has become one of the most popular cars all over the world. Mitsubishi outlander is a luxury car, which is used by people for a comfortable it experience, is it offers high-quality features, which are superior to various other models available in the market.
It is also one of the most sold-out models of luxury vehicles, which are available in the market as of October 2016, a total of 1.5 million units of the vehicle were sold. Over the course of the last 19 years, 3 different conditions of cars have been rolled out by Mitsubishi in this model. Cars in the first generation why rolled out during the period of 2001 – 2008, similarly the cause of 2nd and 3rd generation were rolled out during the period of 2006 – 2012 and 2013 to present. Bellow, we will discuss the prominent features of the Mitsubishi cars, which rolled out in all the three generations of the vehicle in order to guide our readers and help them make an informed decision about the model of the car they should get depending upon their personal desires.
The first generation model of Mitsubishi was released in 2001 in Japan and it was officially known as Mitsubishi Airtrek. While the car was known as Mitsubishi Airtrek in japan in different parts of the world such as South America, it was known as Mitsubishi Montero outlander because of the official name of the distributor operating in South America. The car was assembled in Okazaki region of japan and it was sold all over the world through different distributors of the company. Official designer of the covers Ollivier Boulay that was also known as an outlander. During the first generation, different models of the company were introduced such as a term for the model was introduced in 2002, which is one of the highest performing models of the vehicle. Some of the advanced and popular features were introduced in the first generation Mitsubishi Outlander that made it an instant success all over the world.
The first generation Mitsubishi Outlander cars were seven seating cars and they provide high user experience capable of supporting luxury travels and adventures of people in a highly reliable and entertaining manner the prices of the models of first-generation cars were also much more affordable as compared to the models which were offered by competitors. This became one of the major reason behind the success of first edition car and also paved the way for the introduction of second generation cars since Mitsubishi continued to improve the performance of its models and rolled out battery search and high performing cars as compared to the ones which were introduced in the first generation.
Second Generation Car
The second-generation model of the car was released in 2006 by Mitsubishi and the name of the car was changed in order to adopt a universal name for the company while the local Japanese name of the company was dropped. This means that the name of the god was changed from Airtrek to outlander to be used all over the world. In the second generation, cars were released from 2007 to 2013. In order to facilitate the distribution of car conveniently in different parts of the world, a number of different assembly plants were opened in four different countries. The major assembly plant of the company was present in Japan while there were three other different plants our present in the Netherlands, Russia, and Taiwan.
In 2nd generation, a number of different features and specifications were introduced in the car which made the horrible experience or using Mitsubishi outlander much more convenient as compared to the cars of the first generation. New and updated models of engines were introduced in the cars of second-generation, which enhance the performance of Mitsubishi Outlander as compared to the cars of the first generation. Similarly, there were major differences and the wheelbase, length, width, height, and curb weight of the car, which enhanced the overall experience of the users and made it highly convenient providing and experience for the users.
The performance of the cars in the second generation was improved highly as compared to the cause of the first generation and a number of different design features were introduced in the car similarly, the engine of the car was significantly improved and it started to provide greater mileage and performance and reliability as compared to the car models which were produced in the earlier generation. The enhanced specifications and features of the second-generation cars provided a much better experience for the users who wanted to enjoy luxury and adventurous travels while at the same time ensuring that the prices of the second-generation cars were much more affordable for the users as compared to the models, which were produced in the earlier generation. In this way, the models of second-generation Mitsubishi outlander became a huge success in different parts of the world and hundreds and thousands of models were purchased. The car quickly became one of the most popular cars in the world and received high ratings from car reviewers from all over the world.
Third generation cars
Third generation cars of Mitsubishi were rolled out in 2013. These cars continue to be produced by Mitsubishi as of now and a number of different models have been introduced in this generation. With the introduction of third-generation Mitsubishi outlander, different models were introduced in different parts of the world. The original model of the car was started to be measured by Mitsubishi in 2012 and continues to be produced today similarly, the region-specific models of the car were produced in North America starting from 2014 while in India starting from 2018 and all these models are still being produced. The assembly operations of the car were also enhanced with the introduction of Mitsubishi outlander 3rd generation and a number of different assembly units were opened in different parts of the country. The main assembly unit of the company was present in Japan where the vehicles of all the different generations were produced while new assembly units were opened in China, Malaysia, Russia, Taiwan, and India.
The performance of the engine of the car has been significantly improved as compared to the earlier models of the Mitsubishi outlander. The engine provides greater mileage as compared to the cards of the previous models and the experience of using the car is much more luxury and convenience. There have been other significant improvements in the design of the car as compared to the ones, which were produced in the earlier generations making it more suitable for casual shoes and adventurous experiences. Most people who are more interested in enjoying luxury and adventurous generally used in different parts of the world are more likely to purchase the third-generation models of Mitsubishi outlander due to their greater performance and reliability as compared to the other models which were produced earlier as well as the models which have produced by the competitors.
The prices of different models of Mitsubishi outlander years are also highly competitive as compared to other major car manufacturers, which are producing luxury 7 seater cars. Different prices of the car order will available in different parts of the world depending upon the income tax regime of the countries, however, a general idea about the price of the cars give a good account of its competitiveness in the luxury car market.
A hybrid variant of Mitsubishi Outlander
As part of the cars of third-generation Mitsubishi Outlander, in 2015, the company in order to provide for the electric cars demand of the market as well as to address the growing concerns regarding the deteriorating situation of climate change all over the world introduced a hybrid variant model of Mitsubishi Outlander. Over the course of time, the hybrid model of the vehicle has become one of the most successful electric or models as it has managed to significantly tap into the electric cars market. The sales of the hybrid model of the Mitsubishi Outlander has been found to be at 3rd place after Tesla and Nissan electric car models. This has also resulted in other major car manufacturers to introduce their hybrid power models, which result in less strain on the environment in terms of the carbon footprint of the earth as compared to the internal combustion engine models.
The electric model of the vehicle has remained one of the top-selling vehicles in different parts of the world and especially in the united kingdom when the car was first introduced in 2014 it quickly became one of the highest-selling models of a hybrid car in the united kingdom and it continues to do so after many years. When the car was first introduced in the United Kingdom, it quickly became one of the most selling hybrid cars in the market and throughout this year, a total of 1200 models of the power sold all over the region. By March 2015, the sales of the model increased exponentially and reached a total of 10,000 cars which solidified its market range and its label as one of the most successful hybrid cars models to have been reduced by a popular a car manufacturer. Similarly, in other parts of the world, users very well received the model and the sales of the model experienced extraordinary reception from consumers. The company has sold hundreds and thousands of units of the electric car over the course of the last 5 years and the model continues to perform highly in different parts of the world.
Interesting facts about Mitsubishi
In this article, we will carry out a comprehensive review of the Mitsubishi Motors Company’s manufactured model named Mitsubishi outlander. However, first will look at some of the interesting facts about the company in order to give our readers a clear idea about the standing of the company in comparison to the other international government fixes all over the world. Some of the popular facts are as follows:
- Mitsubishi is a Japanese brand of car manufacturers, which has over the course of time managed to become one of the biggest car manufacturers. The company was founded in 1977 some 49 years ago in japan under the name of “Mitsubishi Heavy Industries” but the name of the company was changed to Mitsubishi Motors over the course of time.
- Mitsubishi is currently the sixth biggest Japanese maker of cars while it is the ninth biggest manufacturer of cars all over the world.
- Mitsubishi has shares in a number of other popular manufacturers in the world such as Nissan and Renault.
- Mitsubishi is a publicly traded company and the shares of the company are traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange under the symbol of 7211.
- Over the course of time, the company has rolled out a number of different car models, which have become highly popular in different parts of the world. Mitsubishi outlander is another popular model, which has been rolled out over three generations starting from 2001 while the cars of third generation are still being manufactured and available in different parts of the world.
- Headquarter of the company is present in Tokyo, Japan while its operation is also carried out in other parts of the world in order to ensure more reliable and convenient distribution of its products. There are a number of different locations in the world where the major offices of Mitsubishi are present such as the United States, Netherlands, Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia.
- Mitsubishi has one of the biggest employee portfolios, as it is one of the major employers in the world. The data of 2017 reflects that there were around 30,000 people working for the company in different positions in different parts of the world.
- Mitsubishi is also one of the biggest companies in terms of customers as there are millions of people who have availed the services offered by the company.
Reviews and ratings received by Mitsubishi
One of the best ways of finding out the performance of Mitsubishi outlander is by getting the reviews of customers from all over the world who have tested different features of the car while using it. Therefore, in this article, we will produce results of major service, which have been carried out on a number of different platforms regarding Mitsubishi outlander in order to guide our readers make an informed decision about whether they should purchase the car. The reviews and ratings issued by Mitsubishi outlander from customers and expert are given as below:
- Cars: On Cars US News, the model have been reviewed by customers and a cumulative rating has also been provided to the product on this platform. Based on the review from 34 customers, the model has obtained a rating of 4.5/5.0. It can be analyzed that on this major platform the model has obtained a high rating from customers from all over the world which gives us an idea about the performance of the company and the quality of the features which have been introduced in different generations.
- Car and Drive: On Car and Drive, experts have also reviewed Mitsubishi and a rating has been assigned to them. This model has also been reviewed on this platform and obtained a rating of 2/5. Car and Drive is another measure platform where the opinion of experts is highly regarded by customers from all over the world. On this platform, we can analyze that the model of the car has been given a poor rating which is contrary to what we have observed on other platforms. Therefore, we recommend our customers to analyze the results of surveys conducted on various other platforms in order to make an informed decision.
- Edmunds: On this platform, this model have been reviewed by experts rating while a general rating has also been provided to the products on this platform. Based on the review from an expert has given this model a rating of 6.6/10.
- Car Sales: On Car Sales, car models of the company have been reviewed by experts and Mitsubishi Outlander has obtained a rating of 4.2/5. Car sales is one of the most prestigious platforms for considering the ratings of car models in different parts of the worlds as experts review the models from a number of different perspectives and give their opinion about them. We can analyze that the rating obtained by this model is quite high, which shows that the experts have been satisfied by the performance of Mitsubishi Outlander.
Therefore, we can analyze that the car model has obtained mixed reviews from the customers. We recommend our customers to purchase this car if their budget is suitable.